- Have people respond to your Reply To: address. Then send them an email with your web site address in there. This option is probably what Craigslist was intended for. However, it's the least likely of the scenarios that will get visitors to your site.
- You can write out your web site address like this www.MyCoolSite.com . It will not be clickable, but will most likely pass most, if not all, of Craigslist SPAM filters. Clickable hyperlinks are always prefered, but if you can't create one, this is probably the best way to go. Make sure you tell your readers what they are supposed to do:
Cut-n-Paste this into your Web Browser => www.MyCoolSite.com
- Just type out, in plain text, your website address complete with the http:// like this http://www.MyCoolSite.com . By doing this, Craigslist will outomatically wrap your web site in the correct HTML to make it clickable. This works, and it works just fine. Infact, I've never been detected of flagged by Craigslist filters or the SPAM cops by using this technique. My only complaint, is that you cannot define your own anchor text. Your URL is your anchor text.
- A better alternative, if possible, is to create your own hyperlink using HTML. You can do this by typing this:
<a href="http://mycoolsite.com/">Anchor Text</a>
This works great, when Craiglist allows it. The Anchor Text can be any text you would like. This is the text that people see and you want them to click on. For instance, Anchor Text could be Click Here, Visit My Website, Make Money Today, or My Cool Site.
This is preferred to the other methods mentioned above. With this method you have control of what people actually click on and what they see. However, in my experience, sometimes Craigslist does not allow this kind of link to be created without your entire ad being flagged or ghosted.
- The best possible way to create hyperlinkse would be using the method outlined in number 4 above, with a twist. That twist would be to actually hide your personal URL with a psudo or redirected URL. There are many service that allow you to do this. Probably the one most popular is TinyURL. There are many many of these services available for you to use. The only caveat to this is that most of the time, Craigslist will ghost your ad if you use one of these methods. If you can get your ads posting by using a redirector service, it is by far, the best way to post an ad.
Tuesday, January 1, 2008
How To Create Hyperlinks on Craigslist
You have a couple of options when creating hyperlinks on Craigslist. First lets explain a couple of options that you have to get people to your website.