Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Craigslist Posting Using Text and a Hyperlink

Lets get started...

First I'm going to start out by posting a bunch of plain text posts. No images or links to images will be included. Just simple text using simple HTML markup when needed. Like using <b> when I want something to be BOLD and to stand out. Nothing fancy or complicated here. Just HTML 101.

I will also include a single hyperlink to my website after my ad. My goal is to drive people to my website and have them take action there.

On every post I change the Posting Title. So every posting title is unique.

The body of my ad will stay the same except for the following exceptions:
  • I have bullet points similar to these. The bullet points will remain the same. However the order in which they appear will be different.
  • In the body of my text, I will make one change. I will include the city name that I am posting to in the body of my text ad.
  • The hyperlink to my website will remain the same. However, the anchor text will change completely.
Let's see what happens... Here are my results:

I used 3 email accounts, 3 separate IP addresses, and cleared my cookies between each posting session. I made 3 Craigslist postings on each Craigslist account for a total of 9 posts.

On one account, I was successful at posting ratio was 1:3. One ad was posted, the other two were ghosted. On another account my posting ratio was 2:3. And on the last account I got a trifecta, 3:3.

So when all things were said and done, after posting a total of only 9 ads ...
33% were ghosted (3 out of 9 ads)
66% were successful (6 out of 9 ads)

Is this good? I don't know. That's why I started this blog, to keep track and hopefully find the best way to Post on Craigslist.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am new to Craigs list. I've posted several ads and I guess they are getting gosted. My Craigs list account says the ads are there but when I go to see them they are not there. Also I've not gotten any leads. So are they ghosted?