Saturday, December 29, 2007

Creating Websites for Craigslist

One thing that I cant stand, and it's a personal pet peeve of mine, is people who use the same ad over and over and over again, in an attempt to send traffic to their affiliate or MLM squeeze page. The flip side of that coin is that it must be working or people wouldn't continue to do it over and over again.

I decided two things prior to posting on Craigslist:
  1. My ads would be unique
  2. My website/squeeze pages would be unique
I built 6 websites for people to visit. Everyday, I send visitors to a different website. So if you were to respond to one of my ads one day, and then by chance respond to another ad the next day, there would be no way for you to know it was the same person or product. It's also a good way for me to do split testing alo.

Over time, maybe 30 days or so, I will have a better idea of what sites convert better than others. I'll keep the sites that do the best, and redesign the sites that convert the worst. At least that is the plan :-)

I've also been making money with Google Adsense for years now. So I decided to implement Adsense as an additional stream of revenue on all the sites I build. As an added bonus, that I really wasn't anticipating, it has proven to be quite successful in my opinion. Making between $20 and $30 per day just on the sites I created for Craigslist.

No comments: