Friday, December 28, 2007

Craigslist Variables

Wow! There are so many. Where do I start? Let's see, there is:
  1. Email address
  2. IP address
  3. To post via Craigslist Account or not
  4. Posts per day
  5. Cookies
  6. Browser (IE/Firefox/Other)
  7. Title
  8. Body of the Ad
  9. Hyperlink
  10. Anchor Text
  11. URL of any images
  12. Category of your ad
Then depending of what category you are posting in, there are other variables as well. Such as price, location, rent, compensation, age, and probably more.

I have posted both image only ads as well as text ads successfully. But I prefer text ads with a hyperlink. In my opinion, those are the hardest ads to have stick without being ghosted or flagged. So far in this blog, I have only posted pure text ads. No images anywhere, and all the text ads have included a hyperlink with an anchor text of my choice.

As a side note, in the last 160 ads I have posted, not one ad has been flagged or ghosted! Sorry, I'm bragging. I'm proud of that one. I used to get 50% or more of my ads ghosted. And now, not one ad in the last 160 has been ghosted or flagged.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ken, good job! i post a few real estate ads once a week in my market, i am curious what product/service you are advertising. I would also like to ask if you are going to share the techniques you are developing in greater detail. I will subscribe to this blog and monitor your progress. Thank you for sharing!

Ken said...

I work for an international company that is currently looking to hire sales reps in certain regions of the country. They are real jobs with a paycheck, not MLM, or anything like that. And the people that get hired, actually have to hit the pavement and work!

I get paid on commission. I generate leads and deliver them to the hiring manager. He screens and interviews them. When we have a good hire, they fly out to our headquarters for training.

As far as sharing the details in greater detail. Yes I will. Will I be giving away all my secrets, I doubt it but I'm not sure. Hey, I don't even have a track record yet. Lets see if I can keep this up for 30 days, and see what kind of revenue I am able to generate first.